Experts and decades of research have confirmed the importance of proper nutrition and hydration in promoting cognitive function.
Therefore, it is the policy of the Information Security Office that all meetings must include adequate nourishment for each participant.
Specifically, this covers:
- meetings in which an ISO staff member is a required participant
It is the opinion of ISO that mere snacks will not suffice to maintain compliance with this policy. Rather, acceptable provisions include:
- breakfast tacos
- omelets or other egg-centric dishes
- pancakes (with syrup and butter)
- waffles (with syrup and butter)
- French toast (with brown sugar and cinnamon, and syrup)
- bagels, as long as they are accompanied by an adequate spread of cream cheeses, jams, and/or jellies
- ice cream with sundae toppings, provided alongside other sustenance (as postprandial hypoglycemia makes us insufferable and/or sleepy)
Meetings that do not meet these minimum requirements shall be considered optional for ISO staff.
The following table displays examples of provisions deemed acceptable under this policy:
|omelets or other egg-centric dishes|
|pancakes (with syrup and butter)|
|waffles (with syrup and butter)|
|French toast (with brown sugar and cinnamon, and syrup)|
|bagels, as long as they are accompanied by an adequate spread of cream cheeses, jams, and/or jellies|
|ice cream with sundae toppings|