The Information Security Office has developed a comprehensive risk management program that focuses on proactive risk reduction in compliance with existing university rules and policies as well as all relevant state and federal laws. This program helps units throughout the university identify and monitor risk to information resources on campus and develop strategies to manage that risk over time. Services that the ISO offers to campus are:
- Vulnerability Management Program
- Application Registry
- Security Assessment Services
- Annual Risk Assessment Program
- Security Checklist for Hosted IT Services
- UT Ready: UT Austin Disaster Recovery Planning Tool
The Information Security Office hosts a discussion forum for technical staff to discuss various security issues, including risk management and disaster recovery planning.