Table of Contents
Not all types of Confidential (formerly called "Category I") data can be stored on UT Box. Consult our Cloud Services tables for more details.
What is UT Box?
UT Box is a cloud-based file storage solution offered at no cost to all UT Austin faculty, staff, and students. Faculty and staff receive an unlimited storage quota. Files stored on UT Box can be shared both within, and outside of, the University.
If you don't have access to a website on which you can embed the Box Upload Widget, contact your local technical support staff to learn what options you have for departmental web hosting.
Create a folder
Configure the Box Upload Widget
Customize the given options to your liking, then select and copy the provided HTML snippet that starts with <script src="https://app.box.com/embed. Do not click Deactivate. If you like, you can choose Preview this widget to see what your widget will look like.
Paste the HTML snippet into the HTML code of your webpage. It will embed a file upload widget into the website.
Provide Web Link to Non-Affiliates
- Provide the URL of the website to the non-affiliates who need to send you files.
- Log in to UT Box and the non-affiliates' uploaded files will be inside the folder. You can view or download the files from there.
- Documentation (Information Security Office)
- Documentation (ITS Service Desk)
- Support (ITS Service Desk)